A long time ago, far away on the planet of Cybertron, a war was being waged between the noble Autobots (led by the wise Optimus Prime) and the devious Decepticons (commanded by the dreaded Megatron) for control over the Allspark, a mystical talisman that would grant unlimited power to whoever possessed it. The Autobots managed to smuggle the Allspark off the planet, but Megatron blasted off in search of it. He eventually tracked it to the planet of Earth (circa 1850), but his reckless desire for power sent him right into the Arctic Ocean, and the sheer cold forced him into a paralyzed state. His body was later found by Captain Archibald Witwicky, and before going into a comatose state Megatron used the last of his energy to engrave a map, showing the location of the Allspark, into the Captain’s glasses, and send a transmission to Cybertron. He is then carted away by the Captain’s ship. A century later, Sam Witwicky, nicknamed Spike by his friends, buys his first car. To his shock, he discovers it to be Bumblebee, an Autobot in disguise who is to protect Spike, as he bears the Captain’s glasses and the map carved on them. But Bumblebee is not the only Transformer to have arrived on Earth – in the desert of Qatar, the Decepticons Blackout and Scorponok attack a U.S. military base, causing the Pentagon to send their special Sector Seven agents to capture all “specimens of this alien race,” and Spike and his girlfriend Mikaela find themselves in the middle of a grand battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons, stretching from Hoover Dam all the way to Los Angeles. Meanwhile, within the depths of Hoover Dam, the cryogenically stored form of Megatron awakens…
- Shia LaBeouf stars as Sam Witwicky, the teenager who unknowingly buys Bumblebee as his first car.
- Megan Fox plays Sam’s crush, Mikaela Banes, whom he woos with Bumblebee’s help.
- Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson play the soldiers, Army Captain William Lennox and Air Force Technical Sergeant Robert Epps, respectively.
- John Turturro plays Reggie Simmons, a Sector 7 agent.
- Rachael Taylor plays Maggie Madsen, who assists the Department of Defense in decoding the virus left by Frenzy.
- Anthony Anderson plays Glen Whitmann, a computer hacker and friend of Maggie.
- Jon Voight plays the United States Secretary of Defense John Keller.
- Michael O’Neill plays Tom Banachek, the head of Sector 7’s Advanced Research Division.
- Kevin Dunn and Julie White play Sam’s parents, Ron and Judy.
- Amaury Nolasco and Zack Ward play ACWO Jorge “Fig” Figueroa and First Sergeant Donnelly, respectively. They are two soldiers who survive the destruction of the SOCCENT base and trek to rescue alongside Lennox, Epps, and other soldiers. Donnelly is impaled by Scorponok and Figueroa is wounded by a rocket fired by Scorponok, but survives.
- Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader who comes to Earth to destroy the All Spark in order to end the war.
- Mark Ryan voices Bumblebee for the character’s two lines at the end of the film, when he regains his voice.
- Darius McCrary voices Jazz, a lieutenant who develops a fondness for urban culture.
- Jess Harnell voices Ironhide, who transforms into a modified GMC TopKick C6500 medium-duty truck.
- Robert Foxworth voices Ratchet, the team’s medical officer. He transforms into a Search and rescue Hummer H2.
- Hugo Weaving voices Megatron, the Decepticon leader who crash-landed in the Arctic thousands of years ago in his quest to obtain the All Spark.
- Charlie Adler voices Starscream, Megatron’s second-in-command.
- Reno Wilson voices Frenzy, a small and vicious spy who transforms into a boombox, and later into a mobile phone.
- Jess Harnell voiced Barricade, a Saleen Mustang police car, whom Frenzy guides to Sam.
- Jim Wood voices Bonecrusher, who attacks Optimus on the highway to Mission City.
Alternate modes. Top: Starscream.
Mid, left to right: Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet and Barricade.
Bottom, left to right: Bumblebee, Jazz.
The third movie I watched during the movie marathon last weekend, the story was last thrilling than the Blood Diamond and I am Legend, duh… but the special effect for this movie is beyond awesome, lol, somehow it looked so real, and I’ve got to give props for the special effect guy on this movie for the great job :)… anyway, I heard that there’ll be the sequel of this film 🙂
Jazz: You want a piece of me? You want a piece?
Megatron: No, I want two!
[rips Jazz in half]